Subcritical Radiant (RB) Boilers
Our extensive worldwide experience in designing, manufacturing, installing and servicing more than 700 RB boilers gives our customers the reliability and dependability they demand. B&W's RB boiler incorporates natural circulation which takes advantage of the density difference between water in the downcomers and the steam/water mixture in the furnace tubes. With natural circulation, no pumps are required, so auxiliary power requirements are reduced and availability is improved. B&W's RB boiler is typically designed with a parallel back-end that allows gas biasing reheat steam temperature control.
- No attemperating spray requirements
- Reliable control of reheat temperature separate from the combustion process (as compared to tilting burners); this in turn:
- eliminates interaction with combustion system optimization for NOx control
- eliminates the effect on furnace slagging characteristics
- avoids the need for maintenance of burner tilt mechanisms
Our surface arrangement design provides benefits for added reliability and availability, including:
- High temperature supports outside of the flue gas stream
- Minimal motion between the boiler roof penetrations
- Pendant section spacing appropriately matched for the gas temperature and coal slagging characteristics
Our vast design and operating experience gives us the unique capability to accommodate many worldwide coals and blends while meeting required steam conditions without sacrificing reliability or availability.
Steam Drum Design
|Natural circulation, including internally ribbed tubes and advanced steam drum internals||
|Large furnace arch||
|High-temperature header design||
|Gas biasing steam temperature control||
|Accommodates a wide range of coals||
|B&W Roll Wheel™ pulverizers||
|Low NOx burners||
B&W's steam drums are designed with two-stage separation to provide the most effective steam-water separation for reduced turbine maintenance and improved circulation.