Bubbling Fluidized-Bed (BFB) Boilers
B&W’s BFB boilers are designed to allow a wide range of fuels to be burned, separately or in combination. The ability to utilize various fuel sources and types provides owners with the flexibility to take advantage of opportunity fuels and control fuel costs.
B&W’s BFB boiler is designed with reliability in mind. Several features combine to provide low maintenance costs, high availability and long-term reliability:
- An open bottom design permits easy removal of oversized or foreign material.
- A water-cooled, gas-tight lower furnace eliminates the potential for gas leaks caused from refractory damage.
- Bottom-supported hoppers remove load from the boiler, reduce capital requirements, and reduce potential mechanical stresses between water-cooled and non-cooled components.
B&W Bottom-Supported BFB Boiler
B&W Top-Supported BFB Boiler
Incorporated in our design are these features to reduce maintenance costs:
- No wear parts
- No moving parts
- No water-cooled screws or beams
- No cinder re-injection system
- Long-lasting bubble caps
- Bottom-supported: Up to 225,000 lb/h (28.4 kg/s)
- Top-supported: From 225,000 to 1,000,000 lb/h (28.4 to 126 kg/s)
Steam pressure: To 2600 psig (17.9 MPa)
Steam temperature: To 1000F (538C)