Progressive Helix Mechanism (PHM)
B&W's Diamond Power® Progressive Helix Mechanism (PHM) device is a precision, geared indexing mechanism that shifts the nozzle starting position by a known amount each cycle. With this, hundreds of operating cycles are required before the nozzle repeats the same cleaning path. This allows for a more complete cleaning coverage and significantly reduces tube damage due to erosion.
We recommend installing the PHM device wherever high-performance sootblower nozzles are used, or in any application to improve blower coverage and minimize the potential erosive effects of sootblower cleaning.
- Improves cleaning
- Reduces tube erosion; in many cases eliminating the need for tube shields
- Prolongs lance tube life
- Combats lance tube sagging
- Reduces lance inside diameter localized corrosion
- Prevents lance outside diameter build-up
- Distributes lance roller-wear over full lance surface
- Field upgrade/retrofit
- Precise indexing
- Applicable with oscillator cleaning
- Designed for both two-roller and four-roller carriages
- Bolt-in assembly