From The Leader in Clean Power Production Technologies
Likeng II: Guangzhou, China Case Study
Likeng II: Guangzhou, China
Babcock & Wilcox Vølund’s license partner Grantop (Guangzhou Environment Protection Investment Co. Ltd.) has completed the Likeng II waste-to-energy plant in Guangzhou, China. The plant is one of the largest Chinese waste-to-energy plants and it is specifically designed for Chinese waste. This includes the waste characteristics with high moisture and low calorific value.
The Likeng II plant has 3 lines of 750 tonnes waste capacity per day each, based on B&W Vølund engineering design and key components.
Scope of Supply
Babcock and Wilcox Vølund has supplied:
- Basic design of boiler including technical assistance for construction and commissioning. Furthermore, a review of boiler detail design a review of boiler detail design and functional description for DCS.
- Air-cooled Vølund grate.
- Waste charging system with a feeding damper.
- Feeding chute and feeding pusher.
- Slag pusher.
- Construction and commissioning advisors.
The Vølund Grate
The Babcock & Wilcox Vølund air-cooled grate is a longitudinal beam grate– a thoroughly proven design, highly suitable for continuous high-efficiency combustion of mixed household and bulk industrial waste with minimal emission of harmful substances and maximum energy recovery.
The beam grate is of a robust design, specifically developed for heavy-duty and high-temperature operation with a high availability and operational reliability thus ensuring minimal shutdown for routine maintenance and cleaning.
- Minimum emission of harmful substances and maximum energy recovery.
- High availability and operational reliability with minimal downtime.
- Perfect air distribution and minimal power consumption.
- Combustion of all types of waste.
- High thermal efficiency.
- Handling of unsorted waste.
- Low total organic carbon in ash content.
- Possibility of biomass co-firing.
|Data Plant Design
|3 x 31.3
|Heat Value, Lower
|3 x 63
|Gross Electric Output
|2 x 25
|Feed Water Temperature