FPS® Flame Scanners
When the FPS® Spectrum VIR 6 flame detector was released in 1994, industrial flame scanning was improved immensely, which allowed an improvement in the safety and reliability of fuel fired boilers. The patented use of digital signal processing to evaluate flame spectra transformed the industry.
This technology has since been copied and now forms the design basis for every advanced optical flame detector. But until now, no one has been able to improve upon the performance of the VIR 6.
The release of the Voodoo® M1 changes that by providing industry with a flame scanner with smart phone connectivity.
Each flame scanning application is inherently unique due to differences in the boiler or heater, burner layout, and fuel types. With its ability to independently monitor and evaluate the signals from three flame spectra (visible, infrared and ultraviolet), the Voodoo M1 can be effectively implemented on any industrial application.
The Voodoo M1 provides simplified configuration and tuning with improved diagnostics.
The Voodoo M1 flame scanner is designed, manufactured and tested in our factory in Nova Scotia, Canada. All FPS products are backed by outstanding customer service, and more than 150 years of quality, integrity and field experience.
Voodoo M1 Features
- CSA and FM approval
- Hazardous area classification (Class 1 Division 2)
- One scanner head per module allows for a more cost-effective and simpler scanner design.
- Dedicated fault relay
- All scanner heads are available in direct sighted, rigid fiber optic, and flexible fiber optic versions.
- Fiber optic scanner heads incorporate an offset viewing angle lens holder which when combined with the highly configurable software allow for unprecedented flexibility in fine-tuning the scanners for reliable operation and flame discrimination.
- Proven effective and reliable on fuels such as natural gas, propane, coal and oil as well as alternative fuel sources such as biomass, hydrogen and red liquor.
- An optional wi-fi interface from the scanner head allows for simplified burner-front tuning and troubleshooting using your smart phone. An embedded web server allows for easy configuration using standard browser; no additional app/software is required.
- Standard Ethernet interface for programming and DCS-MODBUS interface. The MODBUS interface provides real time scanner health data as well as flame scanning level so analog inputs are not required. Temperature readings are reported from both the processing module and the head. Timestamped alarms are also logged from the module and head.
- Full repair services on all FPS products.