From The Leader in Clean Power Production Technologies
AG Processing Case Study
AG Processing CFB Boiler
AG Processing Inc.
AG Processing Inc.
Contract Order: 2006
Commercial Operation: 2009
Coal-fired internal recirculation circulating fluidized-bed (IR-CFB) boiler from outlet of coal bunkers to outlet of tubular air heater including:
- FD fan and motor
- Tubular air heater
- Steam coil air heater
- Multi-cyclone dust collector
- Ash recycle/reinjection system
- Limestone injection system
- Coal feeding system
- Start-up burners
- Refractory lined lower furnace with erosion protection at the Reduced Diameter Zone (RDZ) transition
- Segmented U-beam primary particle collectors with watercooled support system
- Bed drain screw coolers
- Bed drain solids conditioning equipment including a screener and crusher
- Sootblower boiler cleaning system.
- Attemperator and spray water control station
- Flues and ducts
- Ammonia forwarding, control and injection system
- Technical advisory services during startup and commissioning
- Boiler type: Internal recirculation CFB design
- Design fuel: Powder River Basin coal
- Startup fuel: Natural gas
- Steam flow: 311,000 lb/h (37.8 kg/s)
- Steam pressure: 150 psig (1034 kPa)
- Steam temperature: 440F (227C)
- Selective non-catalytic reduction (SNCR) NOx emissions control system
- Low pressure and temperature steam from the boiler is supplied primarily for soy bean processing.
- The addition of limestone to the circulating bed reduces SO2 emissions from the boiler.
- Low furnace temperatures, staged combustion and SNCR system limit NOx emissions.
- Unique two-stage solids collection system using U-beams and multi-cyclone dust collector (MDC) provides superior collection efficiency. The recycling of solids collected by the MDC improves combustion efficiency and limestone utilization.
- The U-beam and MDC solids collection system requires significantly less maintenance than hot cyclones.
- A patented RDZ design with silicon carbide tiles at the top edge of the furnace refractory is used to minimize tube erosion at the interface
Sectional Sideview of the AG Processing CFB boiler.