Dry Sorbent Injection Systems
As part of our complete line of multi-pollutant control technologies, B&W’s dry sorbent injection (DSI) systems provide a low-cost solution to address all acid gas emissions.
Our DSI systems provide a low-cost solution to capture acid gases, either separately or combined. When used solely for SO2 control, DSI systems are ideal for coal-fired boilers (typically less than 300 MW), biomass boilers and industrial applications. On larger units, DSI systems also can be used for HCl or SO3 control when combined with other air emissions control technologies.
Benefits of our DSI technology include:
- Provides up to 80% SO2 removal efficiency, and high HCl and SO3 removal efficiencies
- Flexible design
- Low capital, operation and maintenance costs
- Designed to handle a variety of reagents
- Effectively integrated with a spray dryer absorber (SDA) and fabric filter for a packaged approach to particulate, mercury and acid gas control
- Multiple injection location options to suit the application
- Available for new plant installations or retrofit into existing plants
- Mobile demonstration test unit
Major components include: truck/rail unloading, silo and reclaim system, weigh hopper and feeder, transport air blowers, proprietary injection lance design, and reagent milling (optional)