Electrostatic Precipitators for Diverse Applications
B&W Environmental has extensive experience with both dry and wet technologies, and have installations in a wide range of applications, including power generation, waste-to-energy, cement, chemical, oil & gas, pulp & paper, metals/steel, and others.
In this video, our Precipitator Expert John returns to talk about powerful precipitators for wood-fired applications. He discusses the most significant improvements he has seen in his career and one diagnostic check he recommends on an operating ESP.
Regardless of the application, B&W’s latest dry ESP design provides many advantages, including:
- High efficiency
- High temperature capacity
- Wide capacity range
- Low maintenance
- Quality mechanical and electrical components for long life
- Advanced controls and software for optimum operation
B&W's experience in industrial emissions control is among the longest and broadest in the industry. Our particulate control experience originated with one of the first commercial applications of industrial ESPs in the United States in 1907.
Dry ESP provided by B&W
For utility and power generation applications, there has been renewed interest in the use of wet ESPs to control selected emissions, especially sulfuric acid mist (H2SO4) and fine particulates. Features and benefits of B&W’s wet ESP system includes:
- Low operating and maintenance costs
- Ultra low particulate (solids, mist and fine particulate) emissions
- Hazardous pollutant reduction
- Optimized system design for sorbent injection technologies
- Total system capability for integration with other pollution control devices
- Well suited for new boiler installations as well as retrofit applications
- For industrial installations, the wet electrostatic precipitator provided by B&W offers highly efficient control of submicron particulate, heavy metals, acid mists and condensed metal fumes and organics.
View Wet ESP for Utilities Brochure
View Wet ESP for Industrial Applications Brochure
Wet ESP provided by B&W
Electrostatic Precipitator (ESP) Rebuilds & Upgrades
Improvements for decreased emissions and improved efficiency
Aging technology and lack of support from some original equipment manufacturers has resulted in lost productivity and reduced efficiency for many electrostatic precipitator systems. ESP products and services provided by B&W are designed with one goal in mind— to help keep your ESP functioning at peak performance. Our vast industry experience enables us to provide integrated solutions to enhance equipment performance, regardless of original manufacturer. B&W’s ESP aftermarket parts, service and upgrade business, formerly known under the Preciptech brand name, provides engineered upgrades, quality components and services to help keep your ESP running efficiently and effectively.
Our combination of innovative products and services include:
- Collector plates
- Rapper components and parts
- Discharge electrodes
- Single- and 3-phase power supplies and controls
- Access doors and door seals
- Electrical performance enhancement hardware and software
- Upgrades, rebuilds and conversions
- 24/7 remote diagnostics
- Field services and operating and maintenance training seminars
- B&W can upgrade virtually any existing ESP, regardless of manufacturer.
Two examples follow.
- Buell-Type ESPs
- Joy Western ESPs
SQ-300i Automatic Voltage Controller
Project / Case Feature Item
B&W's AVC Evolution Continues
B&W’s SQ-300®i Hybrid automatic voltage control (AVC) is the newest addition to our proven SQ-300 product line. Based on the same trusted technology, the SQ-300i Hybrid AVC has the ability to control either a conventional, single-phase transformer rectifier (T/R) set or a low ripple, 3-phase T/R set.
As an integral component of the precipitator control system, the SQ-300i simultaneously controls power to the T/R set, analyzes alarms, and interfaces with computer-based data acquisition software. The ability to control two different types of power supplies adds a unique dimension to the product line.