Improving Performance & Reliability
B&W’s PrecipTech™ ESP aftermarket parts, services and upgrades can help reduce operating and maintenance costs, improve reliability and safety, and enhance overall performance and efficiency. We have experience with most OEMs, including Joy Western, Buell, BHA and GE.
- Engineered equipment upgrades
- Start-up and commissioning
- Performance testing and monitoring
- Equipment tuning and optimization
- Remote diagnostic services
- Field service engineering
- Replacement parts
- Continuous emissions monitoring systems
Our combination of innovative products and services include:
- Collector plates
- Rapper components and parts
- Discharge electrodes
- Single- and 3-phase power supplies and controls
- Access doors and door seals
- Electrical performance enhancement hardware and software
- Upgrades, rebuilds and conversions
- 24/7 remote diagnostics
- Field services and operating and maintenance training seminars
Engineered Upgrades & Service
- Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) - B&W can upgrade virtually any existing ESP, regardless of manufacturer, including:
- B&W PrecipTech
- Joy Western
- Internally rapped ESPs - These upgrades improve the original unit design by adding electrical sections, increasing residence time by up to 30% for better performance, and allowing top access for easier maintenance.
- Top-rapped ESPs - B&W can rebuild weighted-wire or rigid frame-type ESPs with a more reliable rigid discharge electrode (RDE). Our quality RDEs are custom manufactured, with options for pin spacing, pin configuration and materials. We consider your process and transformer/rectifier (T/R) ratings, and can provide discharge electrodes of varying configurations to maximize power input in each ESP field.
- Tumbling hammer conversions - Our top-rapping conversion provides benefits that improve ESP performance, reliability and collection efficiency— all within the same footprint.
- ESP rebuilds - Backed by years of experience, we develop a customized rebuild plan using information gathered by analyzing and assessing ESP operation and physical equipment, and comparing it to production requirements and emissions reduction goals.
- Adding or modifying electrical sectionalization - Adding electrical sections improves collection efficiency and provides more operating reliability.
- Plate height extension - Plate height extensions yield more collecting surface area without increasing the footprint of the ESP. These wall extension frames are built on the ground with large beams pre-fabricated in the shop to minimize field labor and outage time.
- Rapper re-sectionalization - Can reduce re-entrainment of dust and reduce the rapping intensity necessary to keep the plates clean.
- ESP to fabric filter conversions
- Inspections - B&W offers world-class inspections to ensure that the entire ESP system functions as efficiently as possible. Expert field service engineers and technicians, utilizing experience with nearly every type of ESP in the world, assist in developing a comprehensive approach to maximize performance.
- Operation and maintenance training - We conduct seminars designed to help you solve equipment problems effectively, improve operational efficiency, and reduce costly downtime. Proper operation of air emissions control equipment can directly impact your bottom line. These sessions focus on comprehensive training and understanding of air emissions control devices and new technologies.
- Diagnostics (on-site and remote) - Service is available 24/7 to analyze data from SQ-300®i or WinDAC® systems, PRC-100® rapper controllers, CPM® series emissions monitors, and non-B&W voltage controls—allowing instantaneous evaluation of ESP operation.
- Performance optimization
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting
- Supervision of plant personnel during repairs
Our combination of innovative products include:
- Collecting Plates
- Discharge electrodes
- Discharge electrode wires
- Rapper components and parts
- OEM direct replacement plates
- Purge air systems
- Access doors
- Door seals, gasketing materials
- Straightening systems
- Performance enhancement hardware
- Power supply options
Voltage dividers can be used to evaluate and troubleshoot ESP performance. Designed to maximize the functionality of existing voltage controls, they allow generation of V-I curves, operation of undervoltage alarms, or accurately evaluate ESP performance.
Variable inductance-current limiting reactor (VI-CLR)
This patented technology increases conduction time when the power supply in a field is operating below the rated limits of the T/R set. Its enhanced conduction boosts average current, average voltage and corona power. B&W’s VI-CLR helps achieve improved collection efficiency through reduced wave distortion, producing higher average power levels and increased migration velocity of dust toward the collecting plates.
Controls & Software
For hardware products communicating serially, B&W offers several core software applications for monitoring and control. We also offer several programs that integrate our software with existing plant control systems (such as a PI system, DCS or OPC).
Controls, related components and software:
- SQ-300®i Hybrid automatic voltage control
- AVC design with 3-phase T/R set control
- PRC-100 programmable rapper control and software
- PRC-100 controller module
- Programmable logic controllers and logic based control cabinets
- Purge air heater controls
- Ring heater controls
- Sonic horn timers
- Precipitator Manager™ software
- Continuous particulate monitoring (CPM) systems
- CPM purge blower