From The Leader in Clean Power Production Technologies
Panel Walls and Economizer Replacement - Uppsala, Sweden
Client: Vattenfall AB
- Contract: 18-03-2015
- Manufacturing: 18-05-2015
- Installation: 28-07-2015
- Hand over: 14-08-2015
- Fuel: Waste
- Steam temperature: 201 oC
- Steam pressure: 16 bar
The delivery includes project management, engineering, procurement, manufacturing and replacement of an economizer for a waste-to-energy boiler (Line 1) in Uppsala, Sweden. Also included in the project was to replace panel walls including cladding with Inconel® 625 on site.
- The following was included in the scope:
- Left and right sidewall for 2nd pass
- Roof for 2nd pass
- Rear wall for 2nd pass
- Connection tubes
- Inconel cladding
During 2015 the panel walls and economizer were replaced. The econimizer was delivered in 26 sections. A temporary steel structure was built and placed next to the crane for pre-assembly of the economizer sections.
In addition to the economizer replacement, approximately 150 m2 of Inconel-cladded panel walls and screen tubes were installed in the 3rd pass. All panels were lowered through the roof of the boiler house.
2015 project milestones
- Early July: established scaffolding outside boiler and dismantled insulation sheeting
- July 20 to August: shut down boiler, established scaffolding inside boiler, dismantled panel walls and existing economizer, installed new panel
walls and economizer, pressure tested and cladded Inconel to site welds
- Mid-August: completed installation
2016 project milestones
- Mid-July: shut down boiler
- Mid July to beginning of August: established scaffolding inside boiler and panel walls were prepared for cladding by sandblasting
- Beginning of August to mid-August: cladded Inconel, performed by semi-automatic robots on vertical panel walls and manually on horizontal walls and places unsuited for robots. Total area cladded on site was approximately 125 m2.