From The Leader in Clean Power Production Technologies
Tekniska Verken i Linköping AB
Onsite Inconel® Cladding - Linköping, Sweden
Client: Tekniska Verken i Linköping AB
- Contract: 25-06-2019
- Production start: 20-07-2019
- Start on site: 23-07-2019
- Boiler start-up: 21-10-2019
- Fuel: Waste wood
- Steam temp: 475 °C
- Steam pressure: 56 bar
Babcock & Wilcox Renewable Service scope of supply included project management, engineering, design, purchasing, construction and documentation for onsite Inconel® cladding at boiler panel walls on an existing waste wood-fired boiler (Line 3) in Linköping, Sweden.
The cladding was performed in the bottom portion of the first pass, including part of the rear, left, right and front walls.
- The cladding area was approximately 260 m2 (extended). The Inconel cladding was performed according to:
- EN 12952
- PED 2014/68/EU
- EN-ISO 15614-1 and 7
- VdTÜV-Merkblätte 1156
- Panel wall material P235GH, tube diameter 60.3mm, pitch 80mm
- Cladding with Inconel 625 (2.4831), thickness 2mm, minimum 50% overlapping
- Fe content for automatic process <8%
- Fe content for semi-automatic and manual process <10%
- Vertical panel walls were cladded by robot. Corners and bent tubes were cladded with semi-automatic and manual processes.
- After cladding, testing included NDT, 100% penetrant testing on all start and stops (top and bottom) and 2% of the total cladded area.