Over time, fireside tube wastage typically results in the need to replace generating bank tubes, including the stub ends rolled into the tube seats of the steam and mud drums. B&W offers a proven solution that minimizes costs and boiler downtime and preserves the boiler drum shell.
Our patented induction heat tube extraction technology has been used to remove more than 70,000 tube stubs in various power generation, pulp and paper, waste-to-energy, oil refining, gas processing, chemical processing and institutional heating applications. It is electronically controlled for more precise, instantaneous, accurate, contact-free results.
• Provides for quick, efficient and safe tube stub removal
• Eliminates the need for carbon arc gouging or torch splitting
• Eliminates tube sheet damage
• Reduces tube seat cleaning requirements by at least half
B&W has developed two unique methods for removing tube stubs from tube sheets and drums:
• Heat and Shrink – for drums without seating grooves or too small to get inside
• Heat and Pull – for most other applications